November 16, 2010

Jerry Springer!

Yesterday I went to visit Jerry Springer. I went to be a member of the audience on his show. It was so much fun. Such an experience. My adventurous boyfriend, Edie, signed up for these tickets months ago. They called us a few weeks ago letting us know we got 6 tickets to go on 11/15/2010 at 10:30 am to be in Connecticut. We took the offer being that I have off Mondays. We totally forgot about this until Sunday night when someone from the Jerry Springer show called to confirm that we will be there Monday morning. Of course we confirmed and set out a plan to get out there to Connecticut. We decided on taking public transportation instead of driving out there since the public transportation was so easy to use and we didn't have to worry about gas, parking, tolls, etc.

So the trip went like this. We woke up really early. We took the MTA to Grand Central and then took the Metro North to Stamford, CT. Once in CT we walked maybe 3-4 blocks to the Jerry Springer Studio. Which, I had no idea of but Maury and Steve Wilkos is also filmed there. Anyway. We got there maybe 10 mins late due to being New Yorkers and never on time. We got in and waited in the waiting area for some time. Then we got into the actual studio and they started the show maybe around 12 pm. The way it was explained to us was that they shoot 5 shows between Monday and Tuesday and the rest of the week Jerry is in California doing some other show. He said it was a game show but I haven't seen it or heard of it or even remember the name he said.

Once Jerry Springer came out of course everyone went wild. Todd, the sound guy sat behind a camera and we were prompted when to clap, "ooh", "ahh", "boo", etc. It was pretty well organized.

Jerry had a hilarious monologue. He also answered lots of questions for the audience members. Someone even asked what the show will be about since we weren't told beforehand. Jerry's reply was that he has no clue and he never knows because the point of the show is for him to just get the names of his guests and he unfolds their story and makes jokes along the way. He said if he knew what the show was about he'd never want to come in and do it.

I used to watch Jerry Springer when I was younger along with Ricki Lake and Jenny Jones. LOL! I used to love those shows I don't even remember how old I was but it was during the time those shows aired. I haven't watched Jerry for a LONG time. However after learning how easy it is to get tickets and how easy it was to get there I will probably be doing it again - a FEW times more.

To sign up and get your own Jerry Springer tickets, CLICK HERE.

I promise you will have FUN. Whether you hate or love Jerry Springer. Unless you're not okay with nudity and fighting then don't go. They warn you before anything that if you aren't okay with nudity or fighting then go home. Oh and of course my phone was taking pictures all along the ride. Here are all the pics I took:


Metro North.

Inside.

Outside.



Train was moving. :)

-_-


Houses.

Trucks.




Pelham. Still in NY.

Benches.


Alley.

Nature.



Mamaroneck.


The rear windows.

Parking.





Parking lot.



Overview.


Dirt.




Finally arrived!

Taxi Stand.

Metro North.


Walking to Jerry!





Saw this on the way to Jerry. Loved it.

Tresser Blvd. (That's my boo up in the cut.)

Waiting Area.

Golden Ticket.



Jerry Springer X Maury Povich.

The Stage. I was super excited at this point.




Springer.


It caught my eye again on the walk back.

Saw another one! How cute.

Atlantic and Tresser. Corner of the Jerry Springer Show.


Saw a dead pigeon. :(


I needed at least one pic of myself.

Wait.

Going Back to NY.

overpass.


Tracks.





I had taken so many pics my little iPhone battery died. :( I had to recharge it in a restaurant while we ate but I only got 34% life on it. Guys, I tell you it was so much fun yelling and cheering and just being crazy on that show. Anything goes at the Jerry Springer show! Thanks for reading!

Oh and insider info here: I got a movie review coming up next post.

No comments: