August 1, 2010

Back on my grind.

Yes, I have returned to blogspot rather then tumblr. The only reason I moved to tumblr was because I can easily post stuff from my iPhone. UGH blogger why can't you give me an app!?

Anyway. So my tumblr URL is . Check me out there as well. I'm going to continue posting up pics on tumblr however my personal posts will be here in blogger.

Now let's see... what has been happenin' in my life:

1) I quit my 2nd job - kinda. (read more below)

2) I just returned from a roadtrip. (read more below)

3) My dog (a boxer) of 9 years has just passed away yesterday. :'(


So yes #1, I quit my job in Manhattan at the eye surgeons office. I now only work at the eye doctor's office in Lenscrafters. I am no longer stressed the F*$K out! However, they haven't found anyone to replace me yet! My letter of resignation stated that my last day would be April 16th, 2010. It was handed in on March 30th, 2010. It is now AUGUST and I'm still going there on my free time to help out! GRR! The reason I am actually okay with this, though, is because I originally quit mainly because they were not paying me enough for the BULLSHIT they wanted me to deal with. It was hell everyday at this job! I had to be up at 5am or 6am depending on the day of the week! The sun isn't even up at that time. In the winter I would feel like its late night with the moon still shining! I also had to be responsible for patient's accounts letters A-L. What that means is that all the patient's that fall in that category, it was my responsibility to make sure they pay their bills! Upper East Side Manhattan is supposed to be a wealthy neighborhood but you would be surprised that these are the people that fight you for every penny and never want to pay anything! Anyway, point is that I decided to quit because I would get paid no matter how many hours I stayed there since I was on a salary basis AND they offered NO overtime! I, apparently hadn't read the fine print when I signed the employment contract. However I worked out a deal with the boss and I said I would come part time on my off days to help put the office until they find a replacement if he pays me by the hour. He agreed and we came up with $20/hour. This is great compared to previous pay. Also this is great because this is side cash next to my full-time job.

Next, let me tell you about my roadtrip. So I left on Monday the 26th of July. It was me, my dad, my little sis and my boyfriend Edie. We drove from NY to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. This was especially planned because when I was little starting at about maybe 8 years old, I went to Myrtle Beach every single year until I was 17 years old. We went every summer with my entire family (dad, mom, bro, sis). I haven't been there in 6 years and I couldn't wait to relive my childhood! We arrived to Myrtle Beach on Tuesday afternoon about 4pm. Along the way we stopped at this little attraction called "South of the Border" - . The attraction is located SOUTH of the North Carolina border - hence the name. This was also another spot we used to go to in the past. I had lots of fun I must say. Here are some pics from South of the border - just a teaser. I will make a entry dedicated to my Myrtle Beach, SC roadtrip in my next post.








I haven't had a chance to edit the images (resize, colors, and watermarks mainly) but thats the raw images straight from my camera. Ahh it was sooo good seeing my childhood vacation spot as an adult.

Now lastly, REST IN PEACE to my lovable, funny, smart, energetic, quirky boxer named Pluto. Check the next post which I dedicate to him. :(

No comments: