December 19, 2009

Lil' Wayne: The Bandwagon of HATERS!

Lil' Wayne; Some love him, some hate him.

I must say I'm a lover. How can someone dislike a rapper so unique, outspoken, explicit, and so forth and so on.




The VH1 show "Behind the Music" was so interesting it had me glued to the TV the entire time. I feel like this guy is a musical genius compared to some of these so-called new artist *cough* Soulja Boy *cough* Hurricane Chris *cough*. Seriously??

Lil' Wayne caught my eye, or should I say my ear, when I heard his "500 Degreez" in 2002. His unique style of music had me hooked. I'll admit I didn't listen to him again until his "Let Me Upgrade Ya" remix hit. But once I did, I couldn't get enough of him.

What I don't like, (and I MUST address this) is the pure HATERS that have created this bandwagon to literally hate on Lil' Wayne. I mean what is there to not like? If you don't like rap I understand the entire type of music bothers you but not one person. I can honestly say that I've spoken to people who single Lil' Wayne out as the rapper they dislike. How come I don't hear anyone else singling any other rapper out as the one they hate? How come it's either you like all rappers or you hate Lil' Wayne?

Nonetheless, I continue to keep my ears open to this man's words.

No comments: